Garnered over time…
1. Your perceptions are yours alone, regardless any appearance otherwise; treat them that way.
2. You tell the world who you are (and how to treat you) in everything you say and do; consider the message you want to send.
3. When things are bad and you feel low, do something genuinely good for a stranger; you’ll be surprised how much it helps (them and you).
4. The only thing in this life that keeps you where you are is you; denying this is 95% of why it is so. (The other 5% is learning how to own your life.)
5. Let the world tell you how to be happy and you’ll never be happy; the ultimate enjoyment is determined by you.
6. You’re beautiful and perfect just as you are; those who cannot see or understand this are begging you to prove to them something they cannot prove to themselves.
7. The worst thing you can do to yourself is assume you cannot reach your goals.
8. Saying “I love you” to yourself is just as important as saying it to someone else.
9. Doing something especially nice for yourself reminds you that you are deserving of happiness, too.
10. Be as kind to yourself as to those for whom you deeply care; the latter doesn’t become possible without the former.